There are three components to developing scheduling websites:
- Website Design & Branding
- Integration - Web development code incorporated into zingFit, studio staff orientation
For web development, studios may opt to use either zingFit or a third party developer.
NOTE: Integration is zingFit's role exclusively.
Timeline: Web Development varies widely based on design and functional requirements | 3-8 weeks
What is zingFit Integration?
Integration involves the following steps:
- Developing a "design wrapper" from the web development code provided. The design wrapper typically includes a header, and footer as well as site navigation elements
- Applying typography styling to page content (using an existing CSS stylesheet), and adding CSS styles to system hyperlinks and buttons
- CSS style customizations to zingFit system templates
- Creating a custom spot booking room from elements provided by the project graphic designer
- Customer training
- System Setup
Integration Options: Standard or Full
Standard Integration: scheduling system separate from the content website
Timeline: 3-4 weeks
Standard integrations allow studios the control of maintaining content websites separate from the zingFit scheduling system while offering a seamless branding experience for studio customers as they move from the content website to the studio scheduling website. Examples can be seen following these links Spar Boxing, Pepper Boxing.
Rather than embedding an iFrame into the remote studio website, zingFit applies site styles to the zingFit scheduling pages using the HTML and CSS from the remote site. Typically, zingFit can extract all the design elements needed directly through the browser without gaining access via FTP.
Considerations for Standard Integration include the following.
- Any changes to the remote site elements such as logos, header or footer elements and navigation links need to be manually updated on the studio zingFit scheduling website
- The stanard URL of the zingFit scheduling website will be in the form "http://STUDIOname.zingfit.com". For an additional monthly fee (as it requires an IP address and SSL certificate), zingFit does offer a "vanity URL" option in the form of "http://booking.STUDIOdomain.com".
- Customization options include: fonts, copy color/size/weight, site buttons to match button design provided, background color, and site container width to match design provided.
- zingFit system layout and text is not editable outside of where provided in the CMS.
- Standard integrations will be provided with our pricing page template. Here is an example of the standard integration pricing page on which we can provide font, color, size and spacing customization. See Standard Integration Pricing Page Example
Full Integration: scheduling system within the content website
Timeline: 4-6 weeks
Full integration allows the ultimate in scheduling website branding. zingFit hosts the studio content website on its servers using its content management system (CMS). Because the design wrapper is on the same server as the zignFit scheduling component, scheduling pages are simply embedded within the wrapper, inheriting all CSS.
Examples can be found at the following links JoyRide Studio
, You Are XYZ
Advantages of Full Integration include the following.
- Better branding with a the full domain URL present throughout scheduling e.g. http://www.STUDIOname.com/reserve/
- Better SEO as the schedule, pricing and other pages are part of Google's view of your domain/website
- Better tracking as studios can follow users from search engine results to checkout.
- Dynamic instructor and class Description Pages that can draw in information dynamically from scheduing system data
- Custom pricing pages that integrate with series/contract pricing
- With responsive websites, mobile scheduling in seamlessly integrated with website branding
- Content Management System is integrated with scheduling administration interface
The zingFit CMS can make any content on the client website editable, although typically, header and footer elements are not make so. Designer and developers should be explicit about page elements that should be made so editable.
Custom "content types" or modules can be created to accommodate content that requires more structure. Examples of these types of modules can be found in our pre-built module list outlined below. Please keep in mind that most module require front-end formatting.
- Press - support outbound link as well as PDF uploads
- News - header and news content, often used for display on the home page or in sidebars
- Testimonials - rotates testimonials with author name
- Slide show carousel - support multiple captions per slide
- Image Galleries with lightbox effect
- Spotify playlists - end playlist title and Spotify playlist URL, supports a description.
- Side bar blocks - can be formatted via HTML editor and scheduled to appear on one or multiple pages
- Blog - support categories and tags